IT Project Management
Designed by seasoned project managers for project managers, this 3-day seminar steps through the full life cycle of information technology (IT) project management. Targeted for serious IT project managers who need to handle tough projects, this training covers the basics of project management, including requirements writing, work breakdown structures, and planning techniques, then introduces phase/gate reviews, work packages, risks and other advanced topics. Learn to develop strong cross-functional teams, create solid project scope statements, handle changes and scope-creep, and keep your senior management support. And the training incorporates *PMBOK© Guide Aligned.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS TRAINING?:
This training is intended for project managers running medium-to-large scale and cross-functional projects. Functional managers, line managers, and architects who work as group leaders on projects and are responsible for developing parts of projects or sub-projects should also attend.
This training is specially designed for:
Project Managers, Architects & Groups Leaders, Functional & Line Managers, IT. But it could be attended by Developers and Staff, Advanced Project Managers, Senior Managers, Business Analysts, PMO/Project Specialist, Technical, Non-Technical, Pharma/Biomed, etc.
The participants will get the knowledge and skills of IT Project Management i.e.:
- Project models and frameworks
- How to write IT project requirements
- Building the project team in project and matrix environments
- The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), including Work Packages and project phases
- Gantt Charts, precedence diagrams and Critical Path Methodology (CPM)
- Use CPM to balance resources across project and functional responsibilities
- How to develop a realistic project plan
- Project change management
- Prototyping and piloting to achieve stakeholder buy-in
- How to handle project risk and change management to prevent scope creep
- Distinguish achievable goals from un-achievable goals
- Develop a project scope that generates buy-in from senior managers and stakeholders
- Get your projects done on-time, every time.
- Work with functional managers to balance resources across the organization
- Create a successful plan — even with difficult projects
- Handle changes throughout the full project life- cycle
- Do things right — the first time
- Build and maintain senior management support
- Build a project plan
- Develop strong project teams, both inside your department and across departments
- Successfully handle 3rd party vendors
TRAINING MATERIAL OUTLINE:
1. Foundation for Success
The first module focuses on establishing a solid foundation for project management and the seminar. We establish a common language, identify common and specific problems facing project managers, and review project frame- works.
• Project quality defined
• Identify specific issues plaguing IT project management in your environment
• Establish a common language
2. Define Project Scope and Requirements
Project scope definition is probably the least understood area within the common project management frame- works. In this second module, we examine successful techniques for developing a solid project scope.
• Align your projects with organizational objectives
• Writing IT requirements
• Ensure client and stakeholder buy-in and agreement
• Including infrastructure requirements
• Build quality into your project
3. Develop the Project Work Plan
Once the project scope is developed and agreed-upon, the project manager works with their team to develop the project work plan. Here, we examine the work breakdown structure, work packages, and project phases.
• Build a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
• Prototyping and piloting
• Employ a Work Package Dictionary to build quality into your project
• Successful work package ingredients in an IT environment
• Identify project Phases to ensure senior management support
4. Identify and Build your Project Team
The project team must be cohesive and productive. Learn how to develop and maintain a solid project team even in a matrix environment.
• Handling projects in a matrix environment
• Align the right skills for the project’s activities
• Identify and handle conflict
• Managing staff which doesn’t report to you
• Get your team working together — fast!
5. The Precedence Diagram and the Critical Path
The project precedence diagram and critical path provide the project manager with the tools they need to handle changes, focus the right resources, and handling high-risk issues easily and proactively.
• Establish the flow of project work
• Create the precedence diagram and identify the Critical Path
• Using the critical path to ensure success
6. How to Estimate Work
Estimating does not need to be guess-work. Learn the secrets to successful task estimating.
• The keys to good estimating
• Estimating software development
• Confirming 3rd party vendor estimates
• Early estimating techniques
7. Communicating the Project and the Project Management Plan
Once your project plan has been developed, learn to communicate the plan to generate buy-in and acceptance.
• Determine what needs to be communicated, and to whom
• Charting, graphics, and other communication formats
• Communicating with clients
• Communicating with senior managers
• Communicating with other stakeholders
8. Project Execution and Control
Simple, yet effective project control helps the project manager know where to spend their time to ensure success without loosing sleep. Learn the techniques for successful project execution and control.
• Types of project control methods
• Successful systems integration techniques
• Building quality into the project
• Identifying problems before they become problems
• Project status meetings
• Project change management — preventing scope creep
• Ensuring client acceptance
9. How to Close a Project
Probably the highest return on investment in project management today, the project closure, including lessons learned helps ensure success for your next projects. Learn the techniques for handling lessons learned as well as administrative and stakeholder closure for your projects.
• Conducting a lesson’s learned session
• Administrative closure
• Incorporating lessons learned into your next projects
Ir. Muhammad Tavip, MPM, Cert.HR (US-Based).
- Muhammad Tavip, Ir., MPM, Cert. HR pemegang sertifikasi internasional Project Management berdasarkan PMBOK – PMI, USA dan Human Resource Management (US-based), Alumni of Institut Teknologi Bandung (1992) dan Post Graduate Diploma dari University of South Australia, Adelaide (1995). Beberapa Sertifikasi Internasional yang dipegangnya adalah: Project Management (PM)/ITPM, Software Business Analysis (SBA), Systems Analysis and Design (SAD), Software Quality Assurance (SQA), Software Testing Professional (STP), IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL ), Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP).
- Memiliki pengalaman lebih dari 15 tahun di bidang IT, Management and Business. Beliau Mengelola Proyek berskala Nasional dan International. Memberikan jasa konsultansi di bidang Project Management dan IT Pr0ject Management, Enterprise Project Management using Project Server 2003/2007/2010, Pelatihan dan Konsultansi Implementasi Balanced Scorecard, dan IT Management consulting. Beliau merupakan salah satu pendesain software Balanced Scorecard MBRIO yang telah digunakan beberapa perusahaan swasta berskala UKM.
- Beliau berpengalaman lebih dari 10 tahun memberikan pelatihan baik public maupun in-house dan Coaching untuk bidang IT Management termasuk: Project Management (PM)/ITPM, Software Business Analysis (SBA), Systems Analysis and Design (SAD), Software Quality Assurance (SQA), Software Testing Professional (STP), IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL V2 and V3 ), Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP), IT Risk Management, Information Security Management based on PBI, , COBIT 5 Foundation, Operation Management ( supply chain management, logistics management, warehouse management, inventory management), project financing.
- Dari tahun 2001 s/d sekarang Beliau telah membimbing lebih dari 5000 para project Manager di Indonesia mempelajari Project Management dan IT Project Management berdasarkan standard defector PMBOK – PMI, USA mulai dari versi 2000, 2004, dan PMBOK 2008.
- Beberapa klien yang pernah mendapatkan bimbingan/ training/coaching/ konsultasi Project Management/ IT Project Management sejak 2001 s/d sekarang diantaranya adalah:
PEMERINTAHAN & BUMN:
Bank Indonesia, PT. Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk, PT. Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk, PT. Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk, Depnakertrans, Departemen Dalam Negri, Departemen PU, Departemen Agama, Departemen Keuangan, PLN, BKPM, BPKP, PT. PUSRI, Sekolah Staff Komando Angkatan Laut (SESKOAL). PT. Telkom, PT. Sigma Cipta Caraka, Komisi Pemberantasan Korupsi (KPK), PT. Antam, Tbk, PT. Laras Astra Kartika, dll.
PT. Bank Artha Graha International Tbk, Bank BTN, PT. Bank UOB Buana, Artha Jasa, Kabel Vision, Alcatel, PT. Hindoli (A Cargill Co), Satelindo, Excelcom, Bank Bali, Bank Permata, Tbk, Citra Sari Makmur, PT. Amway Indonesia, PT. Pabrik Kerta Tjiwi Kimia, PT. Astragraphia, Tbk, Metro TV news, PT. Intikom, PT. Bank DKI, Galenium Pharmasia Lab, PT. Unicharm Indonesia, PT. Primacom, PT. Gramedia – Majalah, Swadharma, PT. Data Script, PT. Bank Mega, PT. Astra Oto Parts, Talisman Energy Inc, PT. Berca Hardaya Perkasa, PT. Mandiri Sekuritas, PT. Arutmin, ACC, dll.
Caltex, Unocal, PWC, Chevron, BHP Billiton, Vico Indonesia, PT. Coats Indonesia, PT. Sumiko Leadframe Bintan, PT. Metlife Sejahtera, Santos Asia Pacific Pty Ltd, German Centre, PT. Thames PAM Jaya, PT. AC Nielsen Indonesia, KPC, PT. Freeport Indonesia, PT. Mattel Indonesia, PT. Bank Rabobank International Indonesia, PT. Roche Indonesia, PT. Nestle Indonesia, PT. Arun LNG, PT. Sinar Meadow International Indonesia, PT. Bank HSBC, PT. Oberthur Indonesia, PT. Bank Woori Indonesia, PT. Bank of Tokyo, PT. Atlas Copo, PT. Bank RBS,dll.
UNIVERSITAS & LSM
Universitas PETRA, STIE Perbanas, Universitas Trisakti, HIV Foundation, Universitas Maranatha, Universitas Satya Wacana, Universitas Atmajaya World Vision, dll.
TRAINING TIME :
- 25 Agust 2021-27 Agust 2021
- 15 Sep 2021-17 Sep 2021
- 27 Okt 2021-29 Okt 2021
- 24 Nop 2021-26 Nop 2021
- 21 Des 2021-23 Des 2021
- Rp. 6.500.000/person (full fare) or
- Rp. 6.250.000/person (early bird, payment 1 week before training) or
- Rp. 5.950.000/person (if there are 3 persons or more from the same company)
FACILITIES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- Training Module
- Flash Disk contains training material
- Stationeries: NoteBook and Ballpoint
- Training Photo
- Training room with Full AC facilities and multimedia
- Lunch and twice coffeebreak every day of training
- Qualified Instructor
cforms contact form by delicious:days