PETROLEUM PROJECT EVALUATION : TECHNIQUES AND APPLICATION (From Conventional to Modern Methods)
A three day, hands on, Excel-based Course
This course will:
- learn the basic of economic/financial evaluation techniques as well as the practical implementation of these techniques to petroleum project assessment in Indonesian PSC Regime
- enable participants to identify and quantifying risk using sensitivity and scenario analysis and Monte Carlo Simulation
- learn how to asses the value of information and value of flexibility in managing the uncertainty of the petroleum project
- bring participants up to date on recent development in project modeling and evaluation using Real Option Valuation (ROV) techniques.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is ideal introduction for Engineers, Geologist, Economist, Finance, Asset and Project Manager who want to learn from conventional to advance project evaluation methodologies in petroleum industry.
At the end of the course participants will:
- Appreciate that static expected DCF NPV is not enough to measure the whole value of a petroleum project.
- Discover the project value include the value of managerial flexibility to adjust their action to take full advantage of upside potential value of a project and to minimize the downside risk of a project by learning from new information and flexibility strategy to response the uncertainty of a project in the future.
- Have acquired the skills to identify, model and evaluate the petroleum case in Indonesia using all available techniques (conventional to modern approach).
As the course is Excel-Based, it would be highly desirable if participants could bring with them their own laptop computer (recommended).
- Basic Economic/Financial Evaluation
- Overview of project economics in Indonesian PSC regime
- Role of Project Evaluation
- Common Techniques and Application for Economics Evaluation in Petroleum Project
- Sensitivity and Scenario Analysis, Spider and Tornado Diagrams
- Decision Tree
- Expected Monetary Value of exploration Program
- Value of Information
- Value of Flexibility
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- The “expected” base case
- Probability distributions of inputs and result distribution of possible outputs
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Analysis
- Time value of money: discount rates and period
- DCF criteria of value: NPV, IRR, pay back period
- Modern Techniques and Application for Economics Evaluation in Petroleum Project
- Overview of Real Options Valuation (ROV) method
- Some Approaches in Real Options Methodology
- Binomial Lattice in development and exploration program
- – Financial Options Analogy (Closed Form Solution) from Paddock, Siegel and Smith’s model for undeveloped reserve
- – Latest Development of Real Options Method – Modern Asset Pricing (MAP) using forward pricing and comparing with DCF approach.
PRICE, VENUE, SCHEDULE
2-4 Juli 2008 | Grand Mercure Hotel Yogyakarta .
Rp 6.500.000,-net (Exclude Value added Tax and Accommodation)
Nuzulul Haq, is a Strategic Planning Analyst in Medco E&P Indonesia . He was graduated from Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB) in 1996, and completed his master of management in Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia in 2001. His career started as engineer in multinational companies and joint with Medco Planning group after he finished his master degree in financial management. His expertise focus on Technical to Business Integration for Improved Asset Investment Decision Making using portfolio and optimization study, Econometric forecasting modeling, risk analysis, real options / market base valuation.
His technical papers had been presented in International Conference such as International Energy Economics Conference in Berlin (2006) and Zurich (2004). He is a creator of to promote Real Options Methodology to assist Business Practitioners in Indonesia for making decision in the current highly uncertain situation.
cforms contact form by delicious:days