The purpose of this module is to share some of the best ideas internal audit practice today: ideas from practitioners all over the world and ideas from Total Quality Management (TQM) principles. We believe that internal auditing is constantly improving profession. By presenting ideas from other groups and other disciplines, we can learn and grow to our full potential.
The module is organized roughly in the order the audit process takes. First we must understand the changes in our organizations and the effects these changes have on the practice of internal auditing. We next deal with the issue of productivity and performance measurements for individuals and for the internal audit department.
The preparation of the audit includes a new look at risk assessment and aligning the audit focus to the organizational values. Performing the audit is the subject of the next two sections which concentrate on audit techniques that have been immensely successful in other organizations. Include here are the value-adding techniques of Georgia Pacific (USA) and the self-assessment process of Gulf Resources (Canada) as examples. How to apply the TQM principles of the Deming Cycle of continuous improvement to the audit process is also discussed.
We conclude with two chapters on reporting and selling the results, including proven consultative techniques and an action plan for audit excellence.
PELATIHAN UNTUK ANDA:
Lokakarya Ini Ditujukan Untuk Para Auditor, Internal Controller, Akuntan Manajemen, Manajer dan Para Profesional (Key Staff) Yang Terlibat Di Dalam Pengendalian Perusahaan, Serta Peminat Lainnya.
1. THE CHANGING NATURE OF ORGANIZATION
– The New Organization
– TQM and Internal Auditing
– A New Attitude of Service
2. REINVENTING THE AUDIT
– The Nature of Change and Internal Auditing
– The Roles of Internal Auditors
– A Bibliography for Change
3. BUILDING PERSONAL AND TEAM PRODUCTIVITY
– The Elements of the Virtual Office
– Personal Productivity Tools and Techniques
– Team Productivity Tools and Techniques
4. A NEW RISK ASSESSMENT PROCESS
– Current Assessment Models
– The Added Dimensions of Profit and Quality
– SPC and Audit Risk Assessment
5. ALIGNING THE AUDIT FOCUS TO ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES
– Defining Customers and Products
– Focusing on the Organization’s Mission
– Bringing Profit Contribution into the Audit Process
6. VALUE-ADDED AUDITING TECHNIQUES
– Using the Deming Cycle for Adding Value to Your Audits
– The Elimination of Working Papers
7. SELF-ASSESSMENT AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
– Auditors and the Self-Assessment Process
– Benchmarking and Internal Auditing
8. REPORTING RESULTS
– How Language Betrays Us
– Reporting on a System Using the Peters’ Matrix
– Eliminating Audit Reports
9. SELLING THE NEW INTERNAL AUDIT FUNCTION
– Why Selling Isn’t Enough
– The Principles of Good Consulting
– Developing an Action Plan for Audit Excellence
cforms contact form by delicious:days